- 3rd September – 2nd October 2020
- Vernissage 3rd September 2020 – 6pm
- Curator: Joanna Mierzejewska
The “Trinkets” exhibition is the aftermath of the action entiteled “DRES”, carried out during the opening of the Kunszt. Rzeźba z Orońska exhibition at the Zbrojownia Sztuki gallery in Gdańsk. The action consisted the unnoticed insertion of a styrofoam sculpture of a chav into the gallery space for the duration of the exhibition. As a part of the documentation of the action a porcelain figurine of the sculpture and a short film were created. The “DRES” action is a short commentary on the position of young sculptors – academy graduates on the art market. It allowed the author to find her own space to act, completely independent from the original concept. The porcelain chav sculpture became a sales hit initiating a whole series of figurines.
Apart from Chav sculpture, the exhibition at Gallery EL also features 11 other objects, figurative representations of stereotypical residents of housing estates, creating an integral complement. The idea results from the fascination with local, urban folklore and the need to familiarize the public with the image of the Polish housing estates.
Natalia Magalska – a graduate of Sculpture at the Faculty of Sculpture and Intermedia at the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk.
- XI Best Diplomas of the Academy of Fine Arts
- International Student Drawing Exhibition “NAD_RYSOWAĆ”, Toruń
- Student Biennial of Small Sculptural Forms in Poznań
- “Rzajzin” exhibition at 18A Gallery in Warsaw
- “Hotspot” at JEST Galeria in Wrocław
- “Art Now” at the National Museum in Krakow.
- Award of the President of the City of Gdańsk – 11th Best Diplomas of the Academy of Fine Arts competition and the Łaźnia Center for Contemporary Art Award for the thesis “Łódzka 5”
- Award of the Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław at the 5th Student Biennale of Small Sculptural Form in Poznań for the work “Dres”/’Chav’ (presented at the exhibition)
- Distinction in the 17th International Foundry Workshops
- Grand Prix and Audience Award in the Interdepartmental Drawing Competition “Przegrys”
- 1st place in the inter-departmental Going Upstream competition